We look forward to seeing you this Friday, December 7th for our Symposium on Sex Offender Registration and Management: Legal and Evidence-Based Practices. Below is some information to make your day as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. Please read carefully.
Breakfast & Lunch
We will serve a light breakfast at 8:30 AM during registration.
Lunch will be provided to attendees by Zest 280 at 11:45 AM.
Getting To & Around UCONN School of Law
Please use 110 Sherman Street, Hartford, CT for GPS purposes. This will bring you to the back entrance of our campus.
After you park (see campus map), follow the signs to William F. Starr Hall (marked “ST” on the attached map), and check in at the registration table on the first floor.
We will begin promptly at 9:00 AM. Please anticipate that it will take several minutes to find parking, locate Starr Hall, and check-in with registration.
Parking on Campus
You may park in the lots marked “B” for a rate of $1/hr, or you may find free street parking along Fern Street or Girard Avenue.
There are two ways to pay for parking: phone or by app/internet.
To pay by phone: (1) Call (866) 234-7275; (2) follow the prompts; (3) wait for parking to be confirmed.
To pay by app/internet: (1) Go to paybyphone.com or download the “PayByPhone Parking” app; (2) enter location code 5175; and (3) enter parking duration.
Parking Services will begin ticketing at 9:30 AM. Please be sure to pay for parking before then. If you need help, just ask!
Please contact Melissa Perez-Constantine at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 480-4227 with any questions regarding this event.
- Sexual Violence ~ Evidence Based Policy and Prevention
- Moral Panic and the Politics of Fear
- Deconstructing the Myth of Sex Offenders Connecticut Sentencing Commission Revised
- Best Practices in the Management of Persons Who Have Sexually Offended
On Thursday, December 6, 2018, the Connecticut Sentencing Commission will hold a public hearing on several potential legislative proposals:
- Reform of the Sex Offender Registry and other recommendations from the Commission’s report on sex offender sentencing, registration, and management system
- Reform of the sentence modification and sentence review statutes
- An Act Concerning Misdemeanor Sentences
- An Act Concerning the Adoption and Safe Families Act
- An Act Concerning Automatic Erasure of Certain Records
- An Act Concerning Voting Rights
- An Act Concerning Accelerated Pretrial Rehabilitation
- Reform of the child pornography statutes
The hearing will take place in Room 1C of the Legislative Office Building, 300 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, at 10 a.m.